pylon lines

Frequently Asked Questions

How much will I receive?

The amount depends upon many factors – including whether you are granting a permanent or temporary right, the type of the electrical apparatus present, its proximity to your property – and its value. We are happy to give an indication as to the level of payment which may be available in your specific circumstances – simply call 01606 272026

How long will it take from start to finish?

Where you are granting a Permanent Right (an ‘Easement’) the process is lengthy – often over twelve months. Temporary ‘Fixed-term Wayleaves’ can be a matter of weeks or months. We endeavour expedite all cases – but some electricity companies are significantly quicker than others in processing claims. We are happy to give you an estimate as to timescale when discussing your individual circumstances – simply call 01606 272026

What if I want to change my mind?

You are under no obligation to accept any offer we obtain for you – or proceed to completion once you have accepted an offer. In such circumstances, we make no charge whatsoever.

What is the payment for?

In exchange for you granting either a Permanent Right (an ‘Easement’) or a Temporary Right (‘Fixed-term Wayleave’). In the case of an Easement, this will be recorded on the property’s Title at The Land Registry, showing the Electricity Company has the permanent right for its apparatus to remain.

Are there any disadvantages?

If you grant an Easement, you no longer have the right to serve notice for any apparatus to be removed, as the right is permanent – though if you were to give notice, there is little likelihood that this would result in removal of the apparatus. The Electricity Company will usually be able to prove the continued need for the line and will be granted a 15 year ‘Statutory Licence’ by Government allowing it to remain.

If you grant a ‘Fixed-term Wayleave’ the agreement is personal to you and ceases at the end of the term – or on sale of the property – whichever is sooner. If you still own the property at the end of the term, you are free to repeat the process – as would be the new owner, were you to sell.

If you would like further guidance on these matters – simply call 01606 272026

What happens if I sell my property during the claim process?

As you must be the property owner at the time of completion. If you sell your home during the process, you will lose the right to receive a lump sum payment.

What if you fail to secure an offer for me?

We operate on a ‘No win – No fee’ basis. If we do not obtain an offer for you – you owe us nothing.

Submitting a claim is entirely free of charge.

If you choose not to accept any offer we obtain for you, we make no charge whatsoever.